Position Available: Fundraising & Communications Associate at The Hunger Project
The Hunger Project (THP) is a global non-profit organization whose mission is to end hunger and poverty by pioneering sustainable, grassroots, women-centered strategies and advocating for their widespread adoption in regions where hunger persists. We operate in 22 countries with 390 staff and have mobilized 395,000 volunteer leaders worldwide. Our programs throughout Africa, South Asia and Latin America are based on an innovative, holistic approach, which empowers women and men living in rural villages to become the agents of their own development and make sustainable progress in overcoming hunger and poverty.
The Fundraising & Communications Associate will work to empower global fundraising and communications activities across country teams, with a particular focus on content creation, reporting and information sharing to advance the mission of The Hunger Project and accelerate the flow of resources.
This is a full-time position based out of the Global Office in New York City, though remote candidates may be considered. It reports to the Global Vice President and will work closely with the Senior Manager, Communications, as well as fundraising and communications colleagues worldwide.
• Creates, curates and edits compelling content for a variety of global audiences, ensuring a cohesive global brand across Hunger Project countries.
• Participates in implementing a comprehensive global social media strategy; to support The Hunger Project’s brand awareness, advocacy efforts and fundraising.
• Coordinates and facilitates global calls and meetings to enhance internal collaboration in fundraising and communications.
• Compiles materials for internal communication, including for the Global Board of Directors.
• Regularly analyzes and produces reports on performance metrics to share with team and assess progress. Skilled with queries and report building in Salesforce.
• Stays up-to-date and shares the latest news on topics of relevance, as well as the latest technologies and tools for effective communications and fundraising.
• Liaises with consulting firms, marketing partners, and fundraising platforms to support project management, access reports and carry out other tasks as needed.
• Supports Global Vice President with project management, proofreading, editing and occasional travel-related administration.
• Participate in collegial office environment including helping with office-wide initiatives outside of own job area such as events.
• BA, preferably in fields relating to international relations or development, or in communications or marketing.
• 2+ years of related work experience, non-profit setting strongly preferred.
• Resourceful self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage projects, multi-task and prioritize.
• Excellent editing, proofreading and writing skills, with an unwavering commitment to accuracy.
• Comfort with new technologies, and a quick learner. Experience with Salesforce preferred. Facility across social media platforms, with demonstrated professional experience strongly preferred. Experience with Blackbaud/Luminate Online, Adobe Creative Suite products and WordPress a plus.
• Ability to work the flexible hours which are at times required as part of a global organization across multiple time zones.
• Commitment to The Hunger Project’s values, including an understanding of and compatibility with our principles and philosophy. As part of the Global Fundraising & Communications team, this entails a deep commitment to communicating The Hunger Project’s work with integrity and complete respect for the dignity and self-reliance of women and men ending their own hunger. The successful candidate will be working with a team who loves what they are doing and feels it is a privilege to be working in service of this mission.
• Defined contribution for each staff member to be spent on choice of authorized benefits including gold level medical, dental and vision, or toward alternative medical coverage or student loans.
• 20 days paid leave to start, plus 9 holidays and 12 sick days.
• Progressive parental leave: 2 months’ full time pay, with 3-month gradual return.
• Flexible work hours and arrangements.
• Retirement plan: gradual vesting in 401(a) Fund over 5 years. Match provided to 403(b) pre-tax Annuity.
How to Apply
Please forward your letter of interest, resume, salary requirements and references for immediate consideration to email@example.com. Note “Fundraising & Communications Associate” in the subject line of your e-mail.