Full Time or Part Time Digital Organizer Needed at Zero Hour
Position Needs to Be Filled ASAP– fast turnaround expected
Accepting either Part time or Full Time applications
Zero Hour is looking to hire a Digital Organizer to work with the DMV Recruiter and DC Field Organizer, and Zero Hour partners to build out a powerful, mass-based, integrated organizing and mobilizing program that includes a vibrant and significant digital strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong and extensive background in digital organizing that is connected to mass mobilizations, distributive organizing, and moving digital contacts into offline activists. The ideal candidate will see the critical importance of using digital tools to enhance, strengthen, and build the entire organizing program as opposed to a separate body of work.
Who We Are:
The mission of the Zero Hour movement is to center the voices of diverse youth in the conversation around climate and environmental justice. Zero Hour is a youth-led movement creating entry points, training, and resources for new young activists and organizers (and adults who support our vision) wanting to take concrete action around climate change. Together, we are a movement of unstoppable youth organizing to protect our rights and access to the natural resources and a clean, safe, and healthy environment that will ensure a livable future where we not just survive, but flourish.
- Work on an intense last- minute nationwide digital recruitment operation to turn out youth from all over the country to The Youth Climate Lobby Day and The Youth Climate March
- Building messaging and storytelling that frames our actions as unique and revolutionary. The purpose of Zero Hour’s actions is to capture national mainstream media and social media attention on the youth climate movement and be a wake up call for leaders and the media to treat climate change with the existential urgency it deserves.
- Develop a during-action storytelling strategy for recording and best presenting the actions while they’re happening.
- Set in place a rapid response comms strategy for Zero Hour to be able to respond to events in the news and be relevant in the national conversation.
- Work with the —- to build out and implement an integrated digital and social media strategy to build momentum around this July’s Actions, and carrying the momentum forward into the rest of 2018.
- Create and implement an email, social media, and other digital-tools calendar and plan that is integrated and supports our overall organizing campaign and mobilization work.
- Bottomline the Zero Hour volunteer communications team and delegate and build up the team so when this position is vacated, they can keep up where you left off.
- Manage the Zero Hour instagram, Facebook page, and Twitter account, including working with artists, videographers, graphic designers, comms team, and Zero Hour’s partners (particularly grass-roots groups) to create, post, and distribute exciting content to build momentum, energy, and interest in Zero Hour’s work and this July’s mobilization.
- Coordinate with partners to support and integrate digital resources and develop aligned messaging and content.
- Move online audiences through a ladder of engagement to take offline actions and support our mobilization efforts.
- Develop and share toolkits and digital content with partner organizations.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following experience and qualities:
- ● Ability to work with a broad-based set of organizations and movement formations representing different organizing sectors, ideologies, styles, communities, and issues.
- ● Ability to conduct assessments and identify resource needs of local groups and partners.
- ● Proficiency using movement technology such as: Action Network, HTML, WordPress, online ads, mass SMS messaging, social media, Google docs and Google forms.
- ● Excellent administrative, organizational and management skills.
- ● You bring vision for the necessity of youth of color led organizing.
- ● You understand the nuance of working at the intersection of national, state, and local
- organizations, grassroots groups, and larger institutions, and are comfortable navigating
- volunteer, grassroots, and nonprofit contexts.
- ● You are comfortable working on complex projects under tight time frames, with many moving logistical pieces.
- ● You are invested in team-building, and can cultivate strong relationships with a constantly
- shifting team.
- ● You can scale your work both up and down. This means, in addition to working with large
- groups, you are comfortable being self-directed and doing the grunt work yourself, making
- your own photocopies, pitching in as needed.
- ● You have an ability to absorb new skills quickly, and shift your role as needed.
Contact email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Recruiter” discussing why you would be best for the job, and an interview can be set up. Send resume as well.
Application Deadline: We are looking to fill this position ASAP. We will conduct rolling interviews until the position is filled.
Time Span of the job:
End: September 30th
Compensation: 18$ an hour
Options for hire:
Full Time: 45 hours a week
Part Time: 25 hours a week
Location: Remote, it doesn’t matter because the work will be done over the internet.