Assistant Director, Event Operations Position Available
The Executive Dean’s Office in the Schools of Public Engagement seeks an Assistant Director, Operations & Events. SPE is comprises the School of Media Studies; the School of Undergraduate Studies; the Milano School of Policy, Management and Environment; the Creative Writing Program; and the Studley Graduate Programs in International Affairs, as well as several research centers and institutes. The Assistant Director of Event Operations will play a key role in event planning and programming across SPE, working directly with all schools, program, and centers. This position reports to the Senior Director of Strategy & Communications for SPE.
• Works collaboratively with schools’ directors and program managers and external partners on internal and external events including public programming, conferences, and symposia, as well as orientation, end-of-year events and exhibitions, commencement ceremonies, and Board of Governors meetings, to coordinate calendar, activities, liaising with central offices.
• Develops or collaborates on the development, oversight, and reconciliation of event budgets working with operations leadership and the appropriate university offices.
• Manage the development and approval of contracts working with the General Counsel’s Office and appropriate hiring actions for independent contractors, part-time faculty, and student workers.
• Work with university offices including General Counsel, Development, Student Success, Strategic Enrollment Management, Marketing & Communications, Facilities, Special Events, AV/IT and Purchasing as well as external participants/vendors.
• Working with school administrators and the Dean’s Office to ensure best practices in all aspects of event planning including partnership agreements, insurance, space and A/V reservations, invitations, catering, security, contracts and promotion.
• Collaborate with the Communications team in the Dean’s Office in making and communicating decisions about calendaring and prioritizing work, especially as related to the administrative support team.
• Use project management systems to create practical project plans with clear deadlines, tasks, approvals, and deliverables.
• Provide timely, clear, and thorough communications and status reporting throughout event life cycle with key stakeholders.
• Convene post-event assessments and develop report on each event documenting opportunities/challenges and making recommendations for future improvements.
• Present as needed to Schools of Public Engagement Deans Council.
Go to the Village website for more information.
- Job Opportunities at XR Center at The New School - January 20, 2021
- What to Watch Online this Week on Cinema Tropical - January 20, 2021
- Global South Centers Presents Black Utopias, A Conversation Between Cauleen Smith & Jayna Brown, 2/4 - January 20, 2021