11th Annual Russian Documentary Film Festival in NYC, Oct 19-21
THE ELEVENTH RUSDOCFILMFEST-3W, ANNUAL RUSSIAN INDEPENDENT DOCUMENTARY FILM FESTIVAL IN NEW YORK will take place in Manhattan on October 19-21, 2018.
In the last 10 years the festival has screened over 200 riveting documentaries created by filmmakers from across the USA and Eastern Europe. The 11th festival will take place at the Downtown Community TV Center (DCTV, 87 Lafayette St., Manhattan) and the School of Visual Arts, MFA Social Documentary Film 136 West 21st Street, Manhattan).
The festival will present 21 documentaries whose productions were supported by the United States, Bulgaria, Georgia, Israel, Latvia, Poland, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, Russia, and Estonia. There will be presentations of several film-directors in a Q&A format. Most screenings will be American premieres. All films have English subtitles.
- The festival program “Free World” will place an emphasis on social problem films. The festival presents a wide cinematic panorama of the intense themes of modern reality: struggle for human right, for a disarmed world, for protection of women’s civil right; protest against dictatorship, union of all independent creative people under liberal values.
- Screening of the documentary The Trial, The State of Russia vs Oleg Sentsov, about the real political trial of Ukrainian journalist Oleg Sentsov.
- The Monkey, Ostrich and Grave and
- The Flight of the Bullet about the armed conflict in the Donetsk Region.
- The Term about the opposition movement in Russia. The screening is dedicated to director Alexandr Rastorguev, cameraman Kirill Radchenko and journalist Orkhan Djemal, killed this summer in the process of creating a new film about illegal Russian military groups in the Central African Republic.
For additional information, click here.