Job Opportunity: Assistant to CEO at FilmNation
Assistant to the CEO
Sales | New York, NY, United States
FilmNation is looking for a talented and hard-working assistant to support the CEO and the sales team in their New York office. This role will report the CEO and work closely with the Manager, Sales and the VP, Sales.
CEO responsibilities include organizing and managing the operational activities for the CEO and the sales team. Activities include keeping updated on both sales team tasks and tasks for the CEO, managing calendars and meeting schedules, heavy phone work, and communicating with international film distributors and internal stakeholders.
Sales responsibilities include reading scripts for international sales consideration, coordinating e-blasts to international distributors, watermarking scripts, updating sales sheets and inputting offers. The ideal candidate for this position is detailed, a great communicator, inquisitive, innovative, and hardworking.
What you’ll do:
- Heavy phone work, scheduling, & travel coordinating for CEO
- Create and distribute pitch materials for sales titles ahead of markets
- Attend film markets (EFM, Cannes, Toronto, AFM) to support the sales team on the ground
- Analyze projects for sales consideration, completing research on comparative titles to do so
- Manage systems at use within the sales department, overseeing their accuracy and proficiency
- Quantitative research on the status of the international marketplace
Who you are:
- Someone with 1+ years of relevant film experience (including internships) and a Bachelor’s degree
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a busy work environment
- Must be curious and eager to learn about film finance and international film sales
- Must be highly detail-oriented, analytical, and results-driven
- A passion for film & all things FilmNation would be a plus
Email all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: October 15th, 2018
FilmNation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.