IFP Made in NY Fellowship January-June 2019: Currently Accepting Applications
The Made in NY Fellowship, a partnership between The Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) and the Made in NY Media Center by IFP, is a six-month fellowship program aimed at supporting new voices in media and creative technology from a wide range of backgrounds. If you’re a media or tech creator or entrepreneur looking for a community-minded space to successfully complete your project or launch your business, this fellowship is for you!
From inception, the Made in NY Media Center by IFP has been a space where storytellers create, collaborate and connect through a spectrum of programs, events and experiences. The Made in NY Fellowship utilizes the full scope of resources this space has to offer in addition to industry access, one-on-one mentoring, and workshops specifically designed for the Made in NY Fellowship. For four years, the Made in NY Fellowship has supported over forty fellows in a variety of projects in filmmaking, podcasting, gaming and more. We are looking for a new wave of boundary-breaking creators looking for a space to take their project to the next level.
Six Made in NY Fellowships will be awarded to individuals, small businesses, and/or non-profit organizations in the media and technological spheres based on the strength and scale of their projects. Accepted fellows will be given six months of free workspace and with it the opportunity to create amongst a network of peers. You’ll also be paired with a carefully selected mentor, receive targeted support through a workshopping group led by a former Made in NY Fellow and participate in three full-day retreat sessions aimed at introducing you to key industry professionals.
- Six months of dedicated desk space at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP
- Targeted peer support via a group workshop led by a former Made in NY Fellow
- Industry guidance from a mentor carefully selected for each project
- Use of the Made in NY Media Center by IFP’s conference rooms, editing suite and podcast studio
- Access to attend over 50 IFP and Made in NY Media Center by IFP screenings, networking mixers, panels and other events
- Free classes via the Made in NY Media Center by IFP’s ClassWork Program
- One use of the Made in NY Media Center’s Theater and Lounge for a screening, panel, mixer, launch or other applicable event relating to your project or business
- Three full-day retreat sessions aimed at introducing the fellow’s cohort to key industry players for their projects (these retreats are currently scheduled for the following Saturdays–– January 19th, March 23rd and May 18th)
Application Deadline: November 12th, 2018
To apply to the fellowship, and read more information on eligibility requirements, program responsibilities and priorities, please click here.
For more information on other IFP Events, please view their calendar here.