SMS Student Advisor Position Available for Spring 2019
The School of Media Studies is hiring a Student Advisor for the Spring and Summer semesters. The Student Advisor reports directly to the Director of Student Affairs and support all aspects of academic advising in the School of Media Studies.
The Advisor is responsible for providing general advisement, meeting with students, and providing administrative support to a number of complex and confidential projects.
* Initiate contact with students to answer questions regarding academics and administrative support
* Respond to advisement requests through our department’s email account
* Knowledgable of resources, departments, and support offices on campus and who they serve student success
* Participate in graduate orientation and other events throughout the semester
* Meet with students and provide students with appropriate referrals
* Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
To apply please visit the full ad here or on The New School Careers website, you may also search for requisition number 0406072445
Please direct any questions to Carolyn Buschel at email@example.com