This Week With Cinema Tropical, 11/5-11/12
Another busy week for Latin American film lovers in the city with a bit of diverse narratives and aesthetics for different tastes.
UnionDocs is presenting this Thursday a special screening of the Mexican film El Grito by Leobaldo López Aretche chronicling the Tlatelolco massacre in 1968, ten days before the start of the Olympic games. Don’t miss the chance to see this rarely-seen film.
‘DOC NYC’ kicks off this Thursday presenting a handful of Latino films in its first week including Decade of Firei by Vivian Vazquez and Gretchen Hildebran, Witkin & Witkin by Trisha Ziff, I’m Leaving Now by Lindsey Cordero and Armando Corda, and the short film Cuban Canvas by Kavery Kaul.
And join them next Monday for a special screening of the Dominican documentary film Tú y Yo by Natalia Cabral and Oriol Estrada as part of the ‘Flaherty NYC’ series at Anthology Film Archives, with the filmmakers in attendance.
Cinema Tropical Screenings:
Screenings and Events:
- This Night I’ll Possess Your Corpse Website
- We The Animals Website
- Édouard Glissant: One World in Relation Website
- Dulce Website
- Rude Website
- Under the Same Moon Website
- Good Manners Website
- Dreamtown Website
- Tie Your Plough to a Star Website
- A Fantastic Woman Website
- Cassandro, The Exotico Website
- ‘6th Annual Nitehawk Shorts Festival 2018’ Website
- ‘My First Film Festival’ Website
- ‘New York Short Film Festival’ Website
- ‘Corto Circuito – The Latino Shortfest of New York’ Website