Media Studies Assistantship Application for Spring 2019
The application for The School of Media Studies’ Spring 2019 Spring Assistantships is now available.
In order to be eligible for an assistantship with the School of Media Studies at The New School, students must meet all the following eligibility requirements in the semester for which they would like to apply:
1. Must be a current graduate level student.
2. Must be registered for full-time status (9 credits/3 courses) in the semester he/she would like to be considered for a position.
3. Must be within the time limit for attaining your degree.
4. Must be a continuing student and have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
5. Must not have more than 33% of attempted course credits as Incompletes.
6. Must not be employed at The New School as administrative staff.
7. Must file new hire paperwork form at the University if you are a first time student employee (if selected for a position). International students must complete foreign national forms.
8. All selected students must be authorized to work in the United States and must obtain a social security number.
9. All students must adhere to the 20 hours per week work limit. The 20 hours includes the total amount of time for all on-campus jobs.
10. Federal regulations limit international students to no more than 20 hours of employment per week. All students must have a social security number before obtaining employment.
Apply here through Tuesday, December 18, 2018.