Apply for the New ‘Reflect America’ Fellowship at NPR
The Reflect America Fellowship will bring a tenacious journalist to NPR for 18 months to help our journalism look and sound like America by finding new, diverse sources.
The fellowship is designed for an early- or mid-career journalist who wants to work and grow in one of the nation’s most dynamic newsrooms. The Fellow will have the opportunity to gain critical skills in reporting, writing and producing on audio and digital platforms while working with some of the country’s best journalists.
Application Details and Deadlines
What do I need in order to apply?
1. In lieu of a cover letter, each completed application must include answers to the following questions:
- Where would you look for more diverse sources?
- What news stories do you think will be most important in 2019?
- What are your favorite accounts to follow on social media when it comes to staying informed?
- Tell us about a time when you pitched a story or a source that was rejected. What did you learn from that?
- Tell us about an NPR story you think would have been enhanced by more diverse sources. Who would you have interviewed instead? Why?
2. Sample(s) of your journalistic work
3. The names and contact information for two people who can speak to your work ethic, journalistic skills and passion for diversity.
How do I apply?
Submit your application here.
When is the application deadline?
Applications close at 11:59 EST p.m. on Dec. 9, 2018.
Visit the website for more information about the fellowship.