Browse By

Apply for the Residential Scholar Awards at Yale



The Yale Center for British Art offers three types of short-term residential awards to scholars undertaking research related to British art. While in residence, scholars have access to the Center’s rich holdings of paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints, rare books, and manuscripts, as well as primary and secondary reference materials. Scholars are also able to take advantage of the extensive collections at other Yale museums and libraries. They are given a dedicated working space in the Center’s Reference Library and encouraged to participate in events and programs, as well as to engage with the scholarly community of the university.

Visiting Scholar Awards

These awards provide academic, museum, and independent scholars, as well as doctoral students, working in any field related to British visual and material culture an opportunity to study the Center’s collection. The deadline for the 2019/2020 application cycle has been extended to Monday, January 14, 2019
Apply Now.

Curatorial Scholar Awards
These awards are now open to curators in museums anywhere in the world. Priority will be given to applicants with a demonstrated need for research funding. Applicants should be engaged in significant curatorial work in any field of British art, and proposed research projects should relate to the curatorial responsibilities of the applicant. Eligible areas of research include: cataloguing, interpretation, the development of exhibitions, collections displays or digital projects, exhibition catalogues or other related museum publications, collections development, conservation, and object care. The deadline for the 2019/2020 application cycle is Monday, January 14, 2019  
Apply Now.

AHRC International Placement Scheme (IPS) Scholar Awards

These awards are open to early career researchers, research assistants, and doctoral students. Proposed research must be in a discipline, which may include history, history of art, literature, or other field, that relates to British art. These awards are funded by the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council, and applications must be made through the AHRC. The call for applications will be announced by the AHRC in the fall of 2018. Applicants should visit the AHRC IPS website.

Leave a Reply