Apply for the Executive Producer Position at Stitcher
The Executive Producer, Podcast leads a diverse, interdisciplinary team’s mission to identify, create and launch the next generation of exciting new shows. Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, you’ll be the Clive Davis of your own podcast “label” at Stitcher, heading a team of producers, content acquisition staff and business staff, organized to find or build shows listeners really want. Your peers include experienced content leaders comfortable working with major talent–everyone from Conan O’Brien to Zane–in a variety of formats and production styles.
- Lead Stitcher’s New York-based content team, comprised of skilled producers and show runners, and supported by a content acquisitions specialist, our lead partnerships representative, and senior ad sales representatives.
- Using a combination of sophisticated audience data and your own invaluable experience building successful shows, lead your team to identify Stitcher’s next big successful podcast.
- Oversee a stable of existing Stitcher shows, providing support and guidance on everything from day-to-day production, to budget management, to contract negotiations, to audience growth strategies.
- Manage a budget for your team, ensuring the margins for each new show are aligned with the larger content teams overall objectives for growth.
- Collaborate with your colleagues in sales, marketing, business development and publishing to plan and manage all aspects of show development, growth and monetization. You’ll have a lot of freedom, and the successful candidate will have an integrated understanding of our business, its goals and metrics.
- Communicate regularly and directly with the talent under your care, making sure they have the tools and support they need to deliver great performances, and managing their expectations skillfully.
Supervisory Responsibilities include:
- Provide employees with timely, candid and constructive performance feedback
- Develop employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth
- Develop the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning
- Recognize and reward employees for their accomplishments
- Supervise the orientation and training of new employees
- Recommend salary increases, promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions, and dismissals in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews
What you’ll need:
- Experience working across a variety of genres and styles: comedy, in-depth interview, news, documentary, etc.
- A deep understanding of what makes a great audio story, and the ability to articulate what makes people stop and listen.
- Know how to launch and run a successful show, and your experience is enhanced by a terrific gut when it comes to knowing what’s working and what’s not
- Experience leading teams and managing producers, with a priority on setting up structure and communicating a broader vision that allows your team to do their best work.
- Experiencing managing budgets and familiarity with P&L reports.
- Experience working collaboratively with creative and editorial talent.
- Hands-on audio editing skills (currently in use or in your recent past)
- Understanding of emerging, digital-first media models
- A network of contacts within the entertainment and journalism worlds
- Must be creative, have good interpersonal skills, and have the ability to multitask
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong and clear communication style
- Ability to meet all deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Avid podcast consumer
- Have a deep understanding of what makes a great audio story.
- Know how to launch and run a successful show, and your experience is enhanced by a terrific gut when it comes to knowing what’s working and what’s not.
Education & Experience/Certifications
Bachelor’s degree required
5+ years experience with demonstrated success in show running, content development and production for: podcast, terrestrial or satellite radio, or similar audio medium (ideal) television, web video or related medium (optional)
Stitcher is striving to be the best place to listen to, produce and monetize podcasts. The Stitcher app, available for iOS and Android devices, is one of the world’s most popular podcast listening platforms, with a growing network of original content and a premium subscription service. Stitcher is the parent company of Midroll Media, the leading podcast advertising network representing over 200 of the world’s largest podcasts, and top-ranked comedy podcast network Earwolf. With offices in Los Angeles, New York City and San Francisco, Stitcher was founded in 2007 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ :SSP ).
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.