Women Make Movies seeks Digital Media Intern for Winter/Spring 2019
Women Make Movies, founded in 1972, is a non-profit feminist media arts organization dedicated to the production, distribution and exhibition of films by and about women. A multi-racial, multicultural organization, Women Make Movies is the leading North American distributor of films by and about women. Thousands of educational, cultural and community groups use our films each year. (Please note that Women Make Movies is not a film production company.)
We are currently looking for a Digital Media Intern to work with our distribution department creating video and image files for social media, branding promotional trailers, and other visual, and digital projects. Qualified applicants should have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Premiere, a knowledge of media file formats, and preferably an interest in film and women’s issues.
DIGITAL MEDIA ASSISTANT
WMM seeks a motivated and reliable Digital Media Assistant to join our team, working in organizational
marketing and communications. Activities may include:
– Digitizing, encoding, and branding clips and trailers, as well as adding watermarks and logos
to promo materials as requested by festivals and press;
– Video file maintenance and organization;
– Printing and formatting of DVD artwork;
– Uploading files to YouTube and Vimeo as needed;
– Posting to social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram as needed;
– Additional administrative and creative projects as assigned by supervisor.
– High attention to detail, great communication skills, punctuality, an ability to work well in
both team and individual settings, and possession of a pleasant, can-do attitude;
– Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and Premiere;
– Ability to navigate social media platforms;
– A knowledge of media file formats and an interest in film and women’s issues is preferred;
– Availability to work approximately 16 hours a week from our Chelsea/NoMad office.
– WMM interns will receive reimbursement for local travel, may attend our webinars and workshops, and
have access to our collection of films.
To apply, please send a current résumé and a cover letter of interest to Colleen O’Shea
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Please be sure that the subject line reads, “Digital Media Assistant.”
To find more information on how to apply and the benefits of the internship program, the position description is here. This is a great opportunity to build hands-on experience with a respected and long-standing independent film organization and help shape the way our films are promoted to the public.
And if you are not part the WMM community and would like to sign up for our E-newsletter to receive updates on new film titles, screenings, workshops/webinars, and resources for filmmakers. please click here.