Assistant Director, Communications (Spanish) Position Open at NYC International Non-Profit Organization
Assistant Director, Communications (Spanish)
NYC International Non-Profit Organization
Work on initiatives related to advancing and communicating the organization’s advocacy agenda to Spanish-speaking audiences in Latin America and the United States. While the Assistant Director will be a member of the National Marketing and Communications Department, he/she will liaise on a daily basis with our department overseeing Latino and Latin American affairs and be able to identify new communications opportunities as they arise and work collaboratively to develop and execute them.
The Assistant Director will play an integral role in implementing the organization’s content marketing strategy. He/she will produce content in a variety of formats—blogs/op-eds, ebooks, podcasts, videos, etc.—that attracts new audiences to the organization and educates individuals about the issues topping the organization’s agenda.
The Assistant Director will be principally responsible for coordinating all content for the organization’s Spanish-language social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter.
Working in close coordination with the organization’s Director of Media Relations, the Assistant Director will be responsible for outreach to the Spanish-language media.
• 5-7 years’ work experience in the field of communications, media relations, or public affairs
• Bachelor’s degree
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills in both Spanish and English
• Cultural sensitivity and familiarity with Latin America and the Latino community in the US
• Knowledge of the organization’s advocacy agenda, particularly related to the Middle East, Latin America, and Latin America’s Jewish communities
• Flexible work style with the ability to work late and on weekends (often on short notice)
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, especially across all levels of the organization, and pleasant demeanor;
• Motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as within a team environment and ability to meet tight deadlines
• Understanding of online communications technologies
• Commitment to the organization’s global mission and familiarity with the Jewish community
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contact: Sylvia Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Email: email@example.com
- SMS Alum Khushnuda Shukurova, MA Media Studies ’13, Won Best Woman’s Film For “Detained” - December 1, 2020
- Call For Papers: [Frames(Windows(Mirrors))], NYU Cinema Studies Virtual Conference, Feb 19-20, 2021 - December 1, 2020
- 2020 NYWIFT Muse Awards, 12/7 - December 1, 2020