Call for NFFTY 2019
NFFTY Early Deadline is April 12
2019 Dates and Entry Fees
February 15 | Submission Open
April 12 | Early Deadline | $30
May 17 | Mid Deadline | $35
June 14 | Regular Deadline | $45
July 12 | Final Deadline | $55
September 3 | Notification Date
October 24-27 | NFFTY 2019
NFFTY Announces 2019 Jury Awards + Prizes
We strive to recognize the best short films created by filmmakers 24-and-under from around the world. We are also committed to awarding work created in an academic environment, and also by filmmakers on their own time (and often their own dime).
We are proud to announce that a $500 cash prize will be awarded to top Jury Award categories listed below. It is a renewed commitment by NFFTY to put real money into the hands of young filmmakers, and give them the meaningful recognition their work deserves.
- Best Narrative Short
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Animated Short
- Best Narrative Short – Student
- Best Documentary Short – Student
- Best Animated Short – Student
- Best Experimental Short – Student
- The film’s director(s) must have been 24 years old or younger at time of filming.
- All music and other copyrighted material used in films must be properly licensed. See our Resource Guide.
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
- For how you submit, and what happens if you’re selected, check out our Rules & Guidelines page.
- Got more questions? Check out our FAQ page.
- Feature – any narrative film over 30 minutes in length.
- Short – any narrative short film under 30 minutes.
- Documentary – documentary of any length.
- Music Video – music video of any length.
- Animation – any form of animation, any length.
- Experimental – any length film that does not fit the mold of typical filmmaking.
Note: Public Service Announcements, commercials, and/or film trailers are not eligible for consideration in any category.