Strategist Position Available @ West End Strategy Team
Strategist – New York City
– New York, New York
Are you committed to creating social change? Do you understand the critical role the media – and the public – can play in raising national awareness and influencing policy at all levels? If so, West End is looking for you.
West End Strategy Team has an open position for a strategist. We are a full service strategic communications firm that offers clients a comprehensive approach including message development, media relations, online strategy, marketing and crisis communications. To learn more please visit: http://westendstrategy.com/
We are looking for a communications professional with at least five years of communications experience at an agency, non-profit, government or media organization. The right candidate will have a proven understanding of the modern media landscape and an interest in using that experience to advance a positive progressive agenda on social justice issues including immigration, human rights, the advancement of women and girls, LGBT equality, and interfaith cooperation, among others. As a strategist at West End, you will join a team drawn from politics, government, journalism, the nonprofit world, and business.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in communications with an agency, a nonprofit, in government, as a journalist and/or on a political campaign.
- Established contacts with the national media and a working knowledge of the national media landscape
- Strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Experience developing strategic media, social media and communications outreach plans and campaigns
- A self starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- A desire to learn new skills that can be used to help clients create social change
- Creative thinking and a good sense of humor
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned clients
- Work as a team member on assigned accounts
- Act as a liaison between your clients and the media
- Conceptualize and draft written materials to support clients’ communications goals including press releases, media advisories, pitch notes, op-eds, talking points, and social media and other online content
- Create and implement media outreach strategies including researching target media, building press lists, and communicating directly with reporters
- Build marketing campaigns using social media, advertising, and other tools to advance clients’ goals
Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary and a generous bonus structure for business development. Benefits include health, dental and a 401k plan.
West End Strategy Team is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Please submit cover letters and two writing samples as a single document when applying.