Intern for UnionDocs this Summer, Extended Deadline April 6
Deadline to apply: March 31st 2019
Start date: First week in June 2019
End date: Last week in August 2019
UnionDocs is seeking three interns with a variety of strengths and interests for our summer term! This unpaid position presents the opportunity to explore the operations of a small non-profit arts space and community, and gain valuable hands-on experience. This internship will begin early June 2019 and end late August 2019.
Ideal candidates study or work in film production or theory, with a vested interest in nonfiction media, programming, events, production, and storytelling. As a small nonprofit with DIY roots, interns work across a wide variety of roles, just like the core staff. Interns also receive a free pass to all UnionDocs events!
– Telling the story of our public events through video, audio, photography and text, including an active role in media management for UnionDocs’ archive (an interest in digital archival practices is a plus!)
– Participating in event planning, setup, management and reporting
– Managing updates to UnionDocs.org, including publishing event listings, managing box-office sales, and writing updates to support our web presence
– Marketing support including writing, research and graphic design to promote events, workshops and professional development programs
– Outreach via social media and within the community
– Administrative duties as needed
– 1-2 days per week (11am-6pm) + 1 evening screening per week
– Strong writing and verbal communication skills
– Excellent computer skills (experience with WordPress, HTML and Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
– Good knowledge of documentary arts
– Photography, video and editing experience preferred
– Ability to work independently
Most importantly, we are seeking candidates who are interested in the world of non-profit art institutions and documentary art, who are excited by a hands-on and diverse working environment, willing to take on a variety of tasks with equal enthusiasm and diligence. Women, people of color, and LGBTQIA identified people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Latest posts by mediastudiesfaculty (see all)
- Call for Papers: On Sustaining, Deadline: Jan 4, 2021 - December 4, 2020
- Job Opportunity: Digital Content Student Producer, The New School’s Marketing and Communication - December 4, 2020
- Externship Opportunity, Entertainment Studios Television - December 4, 2020