Job Opportunity: Bloomsbury Publishing Cover Designer
Bloomsbury is seeking a Graphic Designer who is highly creative, self motivated, and has excellent organization and communication skills. They publish award-winning literary fiction and non-fiction books and are looking for a talented and creative designer with interest in both.
- Prepare jacket, cover, and interior mechanicals for the printer.
- Organize, design, and manage several projects per season with guidance from Creative Director
- Art research and clearance of art rights
- Provide design support to Creative Director and Assistant Art Director
- Strong Mac skills with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, with strong emphasis in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- BFA College degree or equivalent work experience in Graphic Design, Typography, and/or Illustration preferred
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Internship in book publishing preferred
For more information and to apply, please click here.
- SMS Faculty Linda Saint Marc Presents at the America Library Associations LibLearnX Conference - January 24, 2022
- Documentary “Ascension” directed and produced by Alum Jessica Kingdon is on Oscars Shortlist for Documentary Feature - January 24, 2022
- Variety Article by SMS Faculty David Lieberman is finalist for National Arts & Entertainment Journalism Awards - January 21, 2022