Fall 2019 Graduate Course Teaching Fellow Positions Available
Fall 2019 Graduate Course Teaching Fellow for Saturday labs sections:
Teaching Fellows serve as the instructor of record with independent responsibility for the course. Duties include attending all course meetings; reading and grading all assigned coursework; revising syllabus as needed in consultation with appropriate divisional faculty member or Department Chair/Program Director; developing all assignments; and as apprentice teachers and will participate in the University Pedagogy Seminar and new Faculty Orientation.
Lab section courses:
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- The chair or director of the hiring department or program may set additional required or preferred qualifications for Teaching Fellows
- Students may not have a grade of “incomplete” for more than one third of their courses.
- Students must have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.4.
- Students must be within the time limit for attaining their degree.
- Students must be matriculated full-time (enrolled in courses or maintaining status) at The New School in the semester in which they teach).
Students enrolled in terminal master’s programs (or programs that only offer a master’s degree at The New School) must be finished with 50 percent of their master’s degree program by the end of spring 2019. MArch, MFA Photography, and MA International Affairs students are exceptions, and are eligible to serve as TFs in the second year of their studies.
Applications close July 1, 2019
Please send resume to Janelle McKenzie – firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS Alum Khushnuda Shukurova, MA Media Studies ’13, Won Best Woman’s Film For “Detained” - December 1, 2020
- Call For Papers: [Frames(Windows(Mirrors))], NYU Cinema Studies Virtual Conference, Feb 19-20, 2021 - December 1, 2020
- 2020 NYWIFT Muse Awards, 12/7 - December 1, 2020