Job Opportunity: Digital Content Producer for the Office of Marketing and Communication
This position reports to the Associate Director, Digital Content, Department of Marketing and Communication. The Digital Content Producer works alongside the Digital Photography Producer and the Digital Asset Manager.
The Digital Content team within the office of Marketing and Communication (M&C) is seeking a digital content producer who can thrive in a collaborative, highly integrated marketing environment. The Digital Content team supports the planning, production, editing, and distribution of time-based assets (video, motion, audio) and digital photo assets that promote The New School brand.
This candidate is an experienced and highly creative video producer and photographer, a fast and flexible learner, working fluidly within a changing transmedia environment and realizing the essential role that video and photo play in marketing efforts. This individual needs to have a can-do, collegial and collaborative approach to their work as they will be involved in many projects – from creating of assets for social media to publications to web – with a wide range of partners including strategists, writers, publicists, designers, and academics
● Assist the associate director in the coordination, production and post-production of strategically planned marketing videos, in collaboration with colleagues in Marketing and Communication as well as university partners. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: casting, location scouting, scheduling, interview scripting, providing feedback to editor, collecting deliverables, etc.
● Act as lead videographer/editor for in-house production, e.g. short-form videos, social media, news, and merchandise shoots, etc.
● Act as a coordinator and/or still photo shooter on a delegated basis for various marketing needs, as team needs arise.
● Edit and post-process digital assets using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Media Encoder, and Adobe Lightroom.
● Manage the scheduling of the university Livestream channel to webcast campus events for prospective students and the university community, under the supervision of the associate director.
● Manage The New School’s YouTube and Vimeo channels as online delivery systems for marketing purposes and report viewership analytics as requested, under the supervision of the associate director.
● Assist independently contracted creative vendors during video and photo shoots.
● Help to maintain the integrity of the Digital Asset Library working with the Digital Asset Manager. Add metadata to assets in our DAM system using established workflows,.
● Provide support to M&C designers, editorial staff, and outside vendors by curating select galleries of images and B-roll footage.
● Assist with researching and informing department on current best practices on Copyright Law and IP management.
● Other duties as assigned.
To apply for the role: https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/17446