IMMAA 2019 Conference is Welcoming Contributions From Diverse Perspectives
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 2019 conference of the International Media Management Academic Association (IMMAA) will be hosted by Northwestern University in Qatar.
The IMMAA 2019 Conference welcomes contributions from diverse perspectives. Papers are encouraged to examine practical examples in case study approaches and all qualitative and quantitative approaches to research. Prioritization will be given to papers related to three key dimensions:
1. Conceptual investigations that deconstruct the concept of ‘innovation’. What is innovation at a time when new has become the norm? How has research about media innovation and its management evolved over time? To what extent is media innovation dependent on technology, and what matters beyond technology? How can policy support media innovation? What do the global North-South dichotomy and its narratives tell us about media management and innovation?
2. Empirical explorations that open discussion about the results of experimentation and investigations pertaining to creative media outputs, creative media models, creative processes and procedures in media organizations- and how to manage all of this effectively. How are media institutions prepare and cope with an evolving media environment with changing patterns of consumption?
3. Academic queries pertaining to the education of media management in ways that are innovative in pedagogy and curricular design. How is the media management curriculum evolving to embrace today’s dynamic industry environment? How do media schools and programs prepare students to work as competent managers in a dynamic environment that is increasingly global and cross-cultural?
Papers that address more general issues related to the below themes are also welcome.
- Value Creation and Business Models
- Disruption and Innovation in Media Markets
- Impact of latest Trends and Technologies
- Emerging Media Markets
- Media Entrepreneurship and Small Companies
- Venture Capital, Crowdfunding and Media Financing
- Cooperation and Competition in Media Markets
- Media Audience and Research Metrics
- Media Business Research Methods
- Innovation in Teaching Approaches and Formats
The call for papers is available here.
1st Call – Special Reduced Fee
Deadline for submitting abstracts and panel proposals: until July 1st
Notification of abstract or panel proposal acceptance: until July 10th
Registration: 150€ until July 25th*
Deadline for submitting abstracts and panel proposals: until August 15th
Notification of abstract or panel proposal acceptance: until August 25th
Registration: 200€ until August 31st*
Deadline for submitting abstracts and panel proposals: until September 5th
Notification of abstract or panel proposal acceptance: until September 20th
Registration: 250€ until September 30th*
* A reduced registration fee (150€) is available for all that submit the papers until the 15th of July. Students and junior academic researchers, which don’t have a scholarship or a salary, also may have an additional discount: 30% – 1st call; 25% – 2nd call; 20% – 3rd call.