Apply for the Communications Internship Opportunity at Arms Control Association
The Arms Control Association seeks a dynamic, engaged candidate to assist with communications, media relations, and marketing efforts. Preference will be given to candidates who can start in late August or early September.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with various aspects of communications, outreach to reporters, and marketing with a well-respected organization in the arms control and disarmament field. Familiarity with arms control is not necessary, but candidates should demonstrate an interest in the issues.
Interns with the communications team will help
- maintain and leverage contacts with journalists, embassies/missions, event participants and members;
- draft and copyedit print and electronic materials, including lead articles for the national Arms Control Today journal, blog posts, social media content, and newsletters;
- work with the Graphics editor and Program Associate to design flyers, graphics, and other marketing material for events and online content;
- Edit and upload content for the website;
- Assist with the planning and execution of ACA public and private events, briefings, and meetings; and
- Other tasks assigned by staff.
- Familiarity and comfort with various social media platforms and publishing tools;
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Communications, English, Public Relations, or Political Science). Students pursuing advanced degrees are also encouraged to apply;
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive required. Experience using Photoshop, InDesign, Prezi and/or Adobe Premiere highly desired. Knowledge of HTML, Drupal CMS, or other graphic design programs a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral;
- Experience writing in multiple styles and voices (e.g., tweets, press releases, blog posts, news briefs); and
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Depending on the initiative, schedules, and writing ability, interns will have an opportunity to publish short research briefs in our national monthly journal, Arms Control Today. We will also work with eager interns to help take their skills in graphic design, online communications, and marketing to the next level as part of their experience with us
Click here for more information.