Internship Opportunity: Union Square Partnership Marketing Internship, Fall 2019
Union Square Partnership Marketing Internship, Fall 2019
The Marketing Internship Program is designed to provide qualified students interested in marketing, events, social media and public space with the opportunity to work within the Marketing Team of one of New York City’s premier non-profit organizations.
The Union Square Partnership is hiring interns to assist with management of Union Square Partnership community events, outreach to local businesses and organizations, research of USP-related press coverage, creation of social media and blog content, and more.
If you’re passionate about urban public space, events and communications, and have a scrappy, motivated attitude, this is the ideal hands-on internship opportunity for you.
The primary responsibilities of the Marketing and Events position include:
- Assist with preparation for and management of Harvest in the Square food + wine festival, including promotion, attendee management, metric-tracking, digital content creation, and
- Develop social media and blog content to promote USP’s work and engage with neighborhood partners and businesses for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (Editing photo/video for social media is a plus).
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials such as digital newsletters and business welcome packets (experience with Mailchimp a plus).
Provide support with office management tasks including managing incoming phone calls and emails (must be comfortable on the phone), preparing mailings and handling
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and execution skills to complete a diverse array of projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented
- Outgoing, motivated, and creative with an eagerness to learn new Candidate must conduct themselves in a professional demeanor and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Tech-savvy, with experience in Microsoft Office programs, social media, and website content development; design experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- General knowledge of the Union Square – 14th Street Neighborhood and the operation of NYC Business Improvement Districts (or the desire to learn).
- Schedule Requirements
- Must work between 30 – 40 hours per
- Must be available for Harvest in the Square event Thursday, September
- Start date late August, must be available through early
- This is a paid internship position. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- USP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with subject “Marketing Internship”. Only applicants who are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
- The Union Square Partnership (USP) is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization comprised of a local
- development corporation and Manhattan’s first business improvement district. USP was founded over 40 years ago to promote the economic, residential and cultural vitality of the Union Square-14th Street neighborhood. We provide sanitation, public safety, business and economic development and marketing services, host a wide-range of community events, and invest in the beautification and maintenance of
- Union Square Park. The organization is overseen by our Board of Directors comprised of Union Square’s leading civic leaders from its corporate sector, academic institutions and cultural community. It has an administrative staff of six reporting to the Executive Director, and an annual operating budget of $3 million.