Job: Hackathon Videographer @ Numerati Partners LLC
Job is posted on HireNew.
Numerati® Partners is seeking videographers (paid hourly) with a love of documentary and investigative video production to capture the Hack the Machine Hackathon on Sept 6-8th 2019 in New York. Approximately 1,000 people from varied technical disciplines will congregate in NYC to assist the Navy in solving some of its most pressing technological challenges. We will be relying on you to capture the excitement, creativity and diverse talents that the participants will be displaying as they work during the weekend to formulate the best solution for each of three challenges. You will agree that any video and audio content that you record will be owned exclusively by Numerati® Partners, and that you may not make any use of any other content that you record. Numerati® Partners will consolidate and edit content from all sources for its own use and distribution to third parties. You will be required to sign an agreement to this effect.
Under the direction of the Numerati® Partners staff, each videographer will be responsible for recording video content while the event is in progress, using your smartphone along with a gimbal and audio equipment that will be provided. You will be interviewing the hackaton teams as well as recording their interactions with each other as they work through the challenges. You will be expected to be available throughout the event for assigned hours of shooting as well as for a pre-event planning session on August 30th, 2019.We are looking for individuals that work best in a team or collaborative environment. You should be outgoing, engaged, self-directed and able to take direction. You will be expected to be available for filming during the specified periods.
Payment will be commensurate with experience, and anticipated to be approximately $25/hour.
Experience filming in a busy environment and during special events
· Experience conducting interviews
· Thorough understanding of the video shooting capabilities of your phone with an ability to shoot high quality footage
· Fluency in Premiere Pro
· Ability to compose shots and choose appropriate ambient lighting in a non-studio environment
· Familiarity with audio equipment settings and usage
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Experience using a smartphone gimbal
· Energetic and enthusiastic
· Strong analytical ability
· Clear and concise written and oral communications skills
· Ability to work under direction
· Collaborative team player
· An eye for detail and a good story
· Poise and decorum
· Interest in and knowledge of technology (e.g. additive manufacturing, and cybersecurity) a big plus
· Authorized to work in the US
Please respond with a brief cover letter including the following:
· Resume listing relevant experience
· URL link to your demo reel
· Your smartphone model
· A list of your own video/audio equipment that you can use for this shoot
· Whether you already have FilmicPro or another video app installed on your phone
Interviews will be conducted by phone next week.