Part-Time Fall Internship at Cinema Tropical
PART-TIME FALL INTERNSHIP FOR STUDENT: CINEMA TROPICAL
Cinema Tropical — a non-profit media arts organization dedicated to the programming, promotion, and distribution of Latin American cinema in the United States — is seeking an intern to work twice a week at our office in downtown Manhattan starting early September, 2019.
Founded in 2001 with the mission of distributing, programming, and promoting what was to become the biggest boom of Latin American cinema in decades, Cinema Tropical brought U.S. audiences some of the first screening of films such as Amores Perros and Y Tu Mamá También . Through a diversity of programs and initiatives, Cinema Tropical is thriving as a dynamic and groundbreaking organization experimenting in the creation of better and more effective strategies for the distribution and exhibition of foreign cinema in this country. We have organized film series with MoMI, Film Forum, MoMA, Film Society and many others in the past.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide critical support to Cinema Tropical’s Executive Director and Assistant Director.
- Help ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of a multi-platform media arts organization notable as a prominent leader in its field
● Manage production of Cinema Tropical’s weekly newsletters of Latin American screenings and film festivals in New York and Los Angeles
● Research prospective partners and/or local non-profits for community outreach initiatives
● Produce social media content/promote Cinema Tropical programs on various social media platforms
● Assist with the promotion of New York theatrical releases
● Provide support for special events and receptions
● Provide further support as required
Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is a must and an interest in Latin American cinema is preferred. Ability to work some evenings is required. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
All internships are unpaid.