Job Opportunity: Senior Manager, Communications for Women Deliver
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Priority Deadline: September 9 (rolling review thereafter)
Location: New York City
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Manager of Communications will serve as a deputy to the Communications Director, managing and implementing integration of communications strategies and tactics. The Senior Manager will work on cross-departmental campaigns, increasing Women Deliver’s presence globally, and developing key systems to aide the Communication’s Team work. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned communications professional who has strong experience managing teams and leading on campaign communications.
- Support integration of organizational-wide priorities in communications strategies, including cross-departmental campaigns. This integration would include strategies around thought leadership, leveraging earned media, working with external influencers, and more.
- Develop key systems to aide in communications integration, including overseeing strategy and implementation of an organizational-wide editorial calendar, working across departments and within the communications team to leverage owned, earned, and paid platforms to support our organizational goals.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Communications and the Senior Manager of Communications, develop a community engagement strategy built off of the organizational wide strategic planning process.
- Work collaboratively with the full communications team, including the Press Officer, to build Women Deliver’s profile and media presence, including growing our rapid response abilities.
- Work in partnership with the other Senior Manager of Communications to ensure seamless collaboration across all communications channels.
- Manage and mentor a group of communications professionals, in addition to communications consultants and vendors.
- Manage elements of the communications team’s work plans, budget, and grant reporting.
- Ensure consistent messaging and strategy across issue-specific communications plans.
- Support the implementation of Women Deliver’s communications strategy that conveys, promotes, and positions the issues and Women Deliver’s mission, programmatic areas, advocacy goals and core messages.
- Identify opportunities, key external events, and priority issues for the organization’s overall communications and media, including coordinating campaigns.
- Represent Women Deliver in partnerships and coalitions, and at external meetings and events as needed.
- Help develop, measure and analyze new innovative communication strategies, initiatives, and tools to reach key audiences and advance the issues and mission of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of cumulative work experience in positions of increasing responsibility in communications and media relations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and proven success in developing and executing communication strategies and campaigns a must, experience in managing issue campaigns globally a plus.
- Extensive staff and program management experience required.
- Must be an experienced manager capable of providing guidance, coaching and feedback to staff.
- Strong understanding of and connections in the field of global health, global development and/or gender equality, strongly preferred; issue knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights a plus.
- Strong understanding of advocacy, particularly at the global level, a plus.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, social media platforms, and tracking technologies.
- Solid understanding of how to analyze campaign effectiveness and adapt campaigns to achieve goals.
- A truly collaborative personality with the ability to work cross functionally and articulate a point of view.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, presentation, and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- The ability to think boldly and out of the box, with an appreciation for the details and effort of execution.
- Hands-on, positive, can-do attitude.
- Passion for Women Deliver’s mission.
- Experience working in a developing country context, a plus.
- Comfort in working across time zones using video technology as a primary communications tool.
- Ability to work in United States without sponsorship.
- Language skills a plus.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org