Job Opportunity: Associate Producer for Time Warner, Inc. Great Big Story
Posting Job Description
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
We’re a video network dedicated to the untold, the overlooked and the flat-out amazing. We call New York City home, but our camera-toting, curiosity-driven storytellers roam the globe. This is our website (www.greatbigstory.com), and you can also find us on your iPhone or Android device, in your Facebook feed and everywhere else you watch video.
Great Big Story is looking for an enthusiastic, digital documentary-obsessed Associate Producer to join our bustling production team. The goal of the AP role is to help our producers tell their stories by assisting and elevating all aspects of the production process.
We are looking for a have-camera-will-travel type who loves to discuss the finer points of lens selection and is ready to jump on a plane at a moment’s notice as a second shooter. We need an internet archeologist who can trawl the depths of the web to find fascinating stories that work for our brand. We need someone who can move seamlessly between building props with the art department, puzzling out a script with translators, and cutting interviews in Premiere all on the same day.
This position is for someone who believes in Great Big Story’s mission of cinematic storytelling, and is committed to elevate the qualities of our videos every single day.The Daily
• Travel and film short digital documentaries as a second shooter, often with short notice and tight deadlines.
• Shoot with a cinematic eye, combining technical knowledge with creativity to build memorable visual sequences in the field.
• Support producers and editors in all aspects of story researching, writing, shooting, editing and post production.
• Research and pitch stories that fit the Great Big Story brand and voice.
• Set up and help film studio shoots; build or source sets and props as needed.
• Maintain internal databases and workflow systems.
• Produce behind the scenes videos and other shoulder content for social media. The Essentials
• Strong camera skills and strong cinematography skills are a must.
• Proficient with SONY FS7 or equivalent.
• A basic understanding of editing software, preferably Premiere.
• Strong writing and researching skills.
• Experience creating video for social, mobile digital platforms social.
• A track record of collaborating in a deadline-driven environment. The Perks
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status