FFFEST (Female Filmmakers Festival) October 25-27
FFFEST (Female Filmmakers Festival), a screening and talk series celebrating the accomplishments of women filmmakers around the world with a special curation of films and informative conversations, in the hopes of inspiring more women to make movies. The NYC edition of the festival will be held on October 25-27 in the historic Quad Cinema.
Some screening and talk highlights to take note of:
- Women Without Men screening from acclaimed Iranian artist and filmmaker, Shirin Neshat, followed by a conversation with writer and poet Fariha Roisin
- A rare double feature on underrated and overlooked Japanese filmmaker, Kei Fujiwara (Organ and Tetsuo: The Iron Man)
- A rare screening of Laurie Simmons’ The Music of Regret with Meryl Streep
- A conversation on How to Break Into the Industry and Navigate Your First Film Deal with Desiree Akhavan, Dianna Agron, Erin Lee Carr, and Crystal Moselle, moderated by Vulture’s Hunter Harris.
- For the full lineup, check out www.fffest.org *please note that there will be additions to the lineup that will be confirmed closer to the festival dates
2019 Partners include The Cut, BUST, Man Repeller, as our media partners along with Mubi, Screen Slate, Neuehouse, Ghetto Film School, Japan Society and the African Film Festival as programming partners.
- Call for Papers: On Sustaining, Deadline: Jan 4, 2021 - December 4, 2020
- Job Opportunity: Digital Content Student Producer, The New School’s Marketing and Communication - December 4, 2020
- Externship Opportunity, Entertainment Studios Television - December 4, 2020