Summer Film Intensive – Film Art Change 2020 FAQ
Film, Art, Change
Summer Filmmaking Intensive for rising high school juniors and seniors
Monday, July 6 – Friday, July 31, 2020
*please direct general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Housing Contact: email@example.com or 212.229.5459
- Program website: https://opencampus.newschool.edu/program/summer-programs/youth-teen-programs/school-of-media-studies-summer-filmmaking-intensive
- Students must apply online at: https://forms.gle/6hs9S49NEH3ndPmB8 starting 11/19/19
- Housing application: https://housing.newschool.edu/StarRezPortalConference.
- Please select “Media Studies Summer Filmmaking Intensive (7/6 – 7/31)” and click sign up on the bottom left.
- Housing website: New School Summer Programs
- Students must apply online https://forms.gle/6hs9S49NEH3ndPmB8
- Eligible students must be rising high school juniors or seniors (for fall 2019)
- Must be 16 years old at start of program
- If have already completed high school, should consider OpenCampus continuing ed courses instead
- International students are eligible; must provide proof of language proficiency (full details listed in application)
- Space is limited!
- Once admitted, students must enroll and pay tuition in order to secure their seat in the program
- Meets Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:50 p.m. with 1 hour lunch break
- Tuition and fees: $3,630 for tuition – plus registration fees, university fees, equipment, and supplies. Full payment is required at the time of registration. Students are eligible to receive six (6) college credits upon completion of the course
- Taught by SMS faculty
- Combines 16mm filmmaking with high-definition (HD) digital techniques and tools
- Relevant class trips (sites TBD) are planned during course times. All trips are supervised by faculty and course assistants
- MetroCards for travel on trips are provided
- Final showcase with student work will be open to students’ family and friends
- Friday, July 31st, time & location TBD
- Residence Halls have a 24 hour security desk and are staffed with a Residence Hall Director and Resident Advisors that provide support and programs for students
- All accommodations are shared rooms
- To apply for housing, a full payment is required up front to reserve a room
- The full cost of housing for 2019 was $2,690. This includes 4 weeks of student housing and a meal plan. The 2020 pricing will be available in January.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.229.5459