Browse By

Accepting Applications – Yale Residential Scholar Awards in British Art



The Yale Center for British Art offers three types of short-term residential awards to scholars undertaking research related to British art, architecture, and material culture. While in residence, scholars have access to the Center’s rich holdings of paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints, rare books, and manuscripts, as well as material from the wider Yale network of museums, libraries, and special collections. Scholars are also given a dedicated working space in the Center’s Reference Library, are encouraged to participate in events and programs, and are given opportunities to engage with the university’s scholarly community.

Visiting Scholar Awards

Visiting Scholar Awards are open to academics, museum professionals, artists, and doctoral candidates who are working in any field related to British visual and material culture. Recipients of the award have the opportunity to access the Center’s collections. The deadline for the 2020/2021 application cycle is January 13, 2020
Apply Now.

Curatorial Scholar Awards

These awards are open to curators worldwide who are engaged in significant curatorial work in any area of British art. Proposed research projects should relate to the curatorial responsibilities of the applicant. Eligible areas of research include cataloguing, interpretation, the development of exhibitions, collections displays or digital projects, exhibition catalogues or other related museum publications, collections development, conservation, and object care. Priority will be given to those applicants with a demonstrated need for funding. The deadline for the 2020/2021 application cycle is Monday, January 13, 2020.
Apply Now. 

AHRC International Placement Scheme (IPS) Scholar Awards

These awards are open to early career researchers, research assistants, and doctoral students. Proposed research must be in a discipline that relates to British art, which may include history, history of art, literature, or another associated field. These awards are funded by the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council, and applications must be made through the AHRC. Applicants should visit the AHRC IPS website to apply.
Apply Now.

Learn more

Leave a Reply