Job Opportunity: Equipment Center Lab Aide
The Equipment Center hires Student Workers to help with our daily operations. We seek candidates that are interested in Media, Production, Art, Photography, Music, or a related field. Ideal candidates will be detail oriented and have a familiarity with our checkout center, processes, and the gear we carry. Additional experience in customer service is a major plus. During the semester, the Equipment Center is open 8:30am – 11:30pm seven days per week, so some nights and weekends are required. There are opportunities to work in between semesters and during the summer as well, though it’s not required.
Regular tasks include:
- Checking gear in and out, paying close attention to functionality and kits contents.
- Helping users navigate the EQC website.
- Making sure users are aware of the policies.
- Advising on best gear to use based on projects and ability to recommend alternatives.
- Keeping the Equipment Center office tidy making sure items are properly put away.
- Answering phones and helping students and teachers remotely.