Job Opportunity: TCDS Hiring Student Assistant for Spring 2020 (Federal Work Study Award Required)
The Transregional Center for Democratic Studies (TCDS) at The New School for Social Research is looking for a graduate or undergraduate student who qualifies for Federal Work Study to fill an open Student Assistant position for the Spring 2020 semester.
Please find below the position description and requirements.
Transregional Center for Democratic Studies
Student Assistant position available – Federal Work Study needed
The Transregional Center for Democratic Studies (TCDS) at the New School for Social Research is looking for a Student Assistant to help, 8-10 hours per week, with the Center’s social media campaign, outreach materials design, and general administration of our Spring 2020 programs and events. This position has the potential to be renewed for the following academic year.
Candidates should have administrative experience and strong social media and computer skills; will be organized and able to commit to some evening events that TCDS will organize throughout the semester. Adobe suite skills and social media required.
TCDS Student Assistant responsibilities:
- Maintaining social media calendars
- Assist in creating and posting social media content
- Assist in creating and implementing social media strategy to increase outreach
Design and Outreach:
- Designing materials for outreach: drafting, editing, and producing program outreach materials, such as slide-shows, presentations, information bulletins, flyers, posters, etc.
- Helping with outreach of Democracy & DiversityInstitutes in Wroclaw, Poland, and for all TCDS events at The New School, such as conferences, TCDS lecture series, alumni round tables, information sessions, workshops, etc.
- Offering administrative and office support to the TCDS Program Manager as needed
- Strong communications skills
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Fluency in social media platforms
- G Suite
- Must have Federal Work Study award
- Interest in international programs and TCDS mission & work is a strong plus.