Public Relations Internship at True Colors United
True Colors United
Public Relations Internship
Co-founded by Cyndi Lauper, True Colors United implements innovative solutions to youth homelessness by focusing on the unique experiences of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. Through an array of training & education, advocacy, youth collaboration, and technical assistance programs, True Colors United is ensuring that every LGBTQ young person, wherever they live, is celebrated for being their authentic selves.
True Colors United is seeking a summer intern to provide assistance to our external affairs department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing media lists.
- Drafting press releases, advisories, and statements.
- Compiling placements and placement reports.
- Assisting with the overall communications strategy.
- Collecting, organizing and presenting media research.
- Sending material to editors.
- Assisting with administrative responsibilities.
Relevant qualifications include a noted interest in strategic communications, public relations, or public policy advocacy and a commitment to LGBTQ youth, civil rights, racial equity, and/or ending youth homelessness.
This is an unpaid internship, and internship placements are dependent upon a signed agreement with a college or university that academic credit will be awarded for satisfactory completion of the internship. Internships are open to students in undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs.
It is strongly encouraged that people with lived experiences of homelessness, people of color, people of diverse sexual and gender identities, and women apply.
- Submit to Script Competitions, Austin Film Festival - April 9, 2021
- Call for Participants: Oral History Workshop with Nyssa Chow – Inviting Authorship: Oral History as Spontaneous Literature, 4/16 - April 9, 2021
- Job Opportunity, Communications Manager at The Center for Information Technology Policy (CITP) - April 8, 2021