Job Opportunity: City Limits Seeks an Executive Director
City Limits is a 44-year-old, non-profit, digital news outlet located in and focused on New York City is looking for an Executive Director.
Strong increase in audience and revenue has funded award-winning journalism, improved site design, targeted newsletters, the addition of original reporting in Spanish, the acquisition of Voices of New York from CCNY Journalism School and a greatly expanded use of social media. In addition, we created and manage CLARIFY, a program to train teens in public service journalism.
- Manage our diverse funding strategy: develop and steward major foundation grants; create mission-aligned partnerships; manage/expand advertising/event sponsorships including an annual gala and cultivate individual major donors.
- Direct branding, marketing and communications to expand audience, increase newsletter subscribers and individual memberships.
- Maintain our fiscal integrity by managing annual audit, overseeing payroll, bookkeeping, payables/receivables, benefits management.
- With editor-in-chief develop/monitor annual budget subject to Board approval
- Board liaison: coordinate board schedule, provide regular timely updates to the Board on business side issues.
The successful candidate will have significant fund-raising experience; be supportive of City Limits mission and demonstrate administrative experience commensurate with the responsibilities of the position. In addition, proven ability to work independently and as part of a small team devoted to high-quality journalism is necessary. The position will be located in New York City.
City Limits is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse work force. Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.