Audible is Hiring: Social Media Manager
Click here to apply.
This role is focused on but not limited to content promotion and analytics/reporting. This means that the Manager reports on social media and SEO performance, gleans and shares insights back to the larger marketing team, and collaborates with partners to enable discovery of content we have deemed to be our most valuable and engrossing audio offerings.
- Identify and promote compelling editorial and audiobook content, increasing non-paid, non-Amazon traffic back to Audible.com.
- Partner with SEO team to optimize editorial content promotion and distribution via social channels; report back insights, key opportunities, and contribute to overall SEO-content promotion strategy.
- Maintain intra-company relationships as a cross-functional social ambassador with all content-related departments (Marquee, Merch, Editorial, Originals, Audible Studios, third-party publishers), remaining aligned with overall business objectives to surface the best audiobooks, series, authors and narrators for our members.
- Discover, master, and share the newest and most innovative social and business analytic/reporting tools and trends.
- Develop ongoing strategy for optimizing video content for social engagement, and collaborate with SEO to ensure best practice for tagging and distribution. Working in partnership with the Video and Audible Studios teams both pre- and post-production (what footage to capture and how to best edit it for social).
- Continue to raise the bar on performance by maintaining a monthly performance report, creating ad-hoc campaign reports, analyzing how social metrics relate to business metrics, and socialize/educate on KPIs to those outside the department.
- Coordinate with our global social partners to share learnings and best practices.
- Previous experience with social media management.
- Proficiency in third-party social media tools like Sprinklr, Netbase, Simply Measured etc., and native social tools (Facebook Power Editor, Twitter Ads).
- Familiarity with SEO/business reporting tools (Adobe Analytics, CARI, Google Search Console, Google Analytics).
- Competency with creative applications like Photoshop, Premiere, etc.
- Understanding of social networks’ best practices – design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit) – across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Reddit, etc.
- Experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights and reporting/recommending strategies that achieve marketing goals.
- Proactive and data oriented, with a natural ability to articulate the possible and move fast to make it real.
- Team player with a passion to work closely with others while maintaining an entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit.
- Great sense of humor and outgoing personality.
- Passion for Audible, social media, books and storytelling.
- Strong written communication skills, particularly within the social media arena.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.