Ziff Media Group Seeks Marketing Fellow
Click here to apply.
Position at Ziff Davis
The Ziff Media Group Fellows Program is searching for energetic and motivated individuals looking to develop their career in digital media. If you’re looking for an opportunity to geek out on tech, internet culture and e-commerce, in a fast-paced, data-driven, results-oriented environment, ZMG is the place for you.
This is not an internship; this is a chance to work with the best in digital media, learn the systems we use, and get a better understanding of our brands, content, and business model. Fellows will benefit from hands-on experience working with team leaders on valuable projects that move our company forward. With available positions across multiple departments, from monetization and marketing to analytics and editorial, Fellows will apply fresh and forward-thinking insights to real-life needs.
Fellowships are geared towards individuals in the early stages of their career path who have a foundational knowledge of the industry and experience relevant to the specific role for which they are applying. Fellowships have an initial term of three months which can be extended for up to a total of 12 months. All fellowship roles are paid and eligible for our healthcare benefits.
As the Fellows Program is aimed at cultivating the next generation of digital media leaders, the culmination of the Fellows program may lead to future employment at ZMG. In the past, select high-performing Fellows have become full time employees at the end or shortly after their fellowship was completed.
Ziff Media Group is seeking a passionate and driven Marketing Fellow to join its marketing team. Based in New York, this role will support the advertising business on both integrated marketing as well as the custom solutions (Brand X) team.
The Integrated Marketing team at Ziff Media Group drives strategic client solutions for advertising partners across key industries. Within the Integrated Marketing team sits Brand X, an end-to-end creative studio that produces custom solutions for leading brands in tech, lifestyle, and entertainment across Mashable, PCMag, and other properties within the Ziff portfolio.
The Marketing Fellow will work cross-functionally within the Integrated Marketing and Brand X teams. This person will divide their time between creative duties and operational support for the team’s marketing efforts. This hybrid role offers a dynamic opportunity to gain valuable experience in all aspects of marketing and branded content creation within a data-driven, global media company. In this role you will partner with team members across the sales, client solutions, research and product teams. Strong writing and communication skills are a must.
- Manage paid content article production: write, assign, and edit Mashstash articles (daily deals posts on Mashable)
- Onboard new freelancers
- Keeping track of all pitched concepts in a spreadsheet by category
- Process invoices and work with AP to ensure timely payments for vendors
- Assist Creative Strategists in ideating, building decks, and producing branded content
- Support the creation of RFP pitch decks, one-sheets and internal email blasts
- Provide general department support related to communications, research and project management (ex. PowerPoint slides and the creation/distribution of meeting agendas)
- Participate in meetings with Sales and Marketing leaders to establish goals of projects, taking detailed notes and delivering next steps within a timely manner
- Recent graduate (up to 1-2 years relevant work experience in a marketing role within a media company)
- BA in marketing, communications, creative writing, or related degree
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Comfortable working in Excel and building reports
- Proactive problem solver and team player
- Excellent communicator, confident in brainstorming strategic and creative solutions
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize, thrive in high-pressure, time-sensitive scenarios and meet deadlines
Ziff Media Group is a portfolio of brands within Ziff Davis, LLC, a J2 Global company, that includes PCMag, Mashable, AskMen, Offers.com, and BlackFriday.com.
Ziff Media Group is committed to diversity and encourages members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.