Gotham Greens is Hiring Junior Designer
Gotham Greens is seeking a Junior Designer to join the Marketing team. This role will help to develop and bring Gotham Greens’ brand and visual identity to life across a variety of creative initiatives, including brand campaigns, shopper marketing, digital marketing, experiential marketing and internal communications. This role reports to the Marketing + Brand Manager.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented designer and content creator who loves consistency, is passionate about sustainability and embraces Gotham Greens’ core values and mission. This is an opportunity for a detail-oriented, self-motivated and creative individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Gotham Greens team on creative brand, shopper and trade marketing projects from concept to execution based on creative brief and strategic direction
- Create packaging mechanicals, renderings, sell sheets and product guides across the Gotham Greens product portfolio
- Develop and update templates, including internal and external company presentations, greenhouse branding and signage, and cross-department design projects
- Contribute to post-production editing of photography and video content
- Act as a brand steward, maintaining consistent brand tone and visual identity across all channels and marketing collateral, including print and digital materials, presentations and signage
- Ensure that projects and internal company documents adhere to the Gotham Greens style guide
- Proofread and edit documents before going to print to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Help to catalog and maintain Gotham Greens’ design files and image library to ensure accessibility and to optimize collaboration
- 1-3 years relevant experience at a creative agency or brand
- Experience working across multiple mediums, such as print, digital, photo and video
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign) and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Must be a strong designer with a clear grasp of layout, typography and hierarchy
- Flexibility and interest in creative collaboration among cross-functional internal teams
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of After Effects, motion design and video editing a plus
Who We Are
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers. Founded in 2009, the company opened its first greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., shortly thereafter. Today, Gotham Greens operates 500,000 square feet of high-tech greenhouses across five U.S. states.
Our team of 350+ full time team members are hardworking, supportive, and passionate about sustainable urban agriculture. We work to create an environment that is caring, fun and collaborative. Gotham Greens offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
We are proud to be an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.