4th Annual NYWIFT Online Shorts Festival, Submissions Deadline 11/13
Members are invited to submit their short or mid-length films, TV pilots, and webisodes for consideration.
NYWIFT was founded in 1977 by a handful of women who saw a pressing need in New York for a networking and education forum for women in the entertainment industry. Over 40 years later, NYWIFT’s diverse membership is now more than 2,500 strong, made up of women and men who work in all aspects of television, film and digital media, from behind-the-scenes to in front of the camera to the executive suite.
Help us celebrate you, our talented members, by submitting projects for inclusion in the 4th Annual NYWIFT Online Shorts Festival, which will begin airing in January 2021 on GoIndieTV (website, Vimeo, and Roku) and iWomen TV.
New this year: Selected films will be eligible for iWomanTV’s Audience Choice Award, the winner of which will receive $2,000!
- Projects must be under 45 minutes long. Short projects are required to be under 26 minutes and Mid-length projects must be between 26-45 minutes.
- We will not accept projects completed prior to 2016.
- Submissions taken through Submittable at the link below. Submissions that do not follow the stated guidelines on Submittable (i.e. file type, size/dimensions of promotional images etc) may be disqualified.
- The project must feature a current NYWIFT member in a key creative role. The NYWIFT member must be the person to submit the film to the festival. (If you are not yet a NYWIFT member, but would like to submit your project, email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the organization.)
We will not accept projects after the final deadline of Sunday, December 13 at 11:00 PM EST.
- Submit to Script Competitions, Austin Film Festival - April 9, 2021
- Call for Participants: Oral History Workshop with Nyssa Chow – Inviting Authorship: Oral History as Spontaneous Literature, 4/16 - April 9, 2021
- Job Opportunity, Communications Manager at The Center for Information Technology Policy (CITP) - April 8, 2021