Internship Opportunity: Creative Producer, Netflix
Creative Producer Intern
Who are we?
Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Creative Labs within Netflix experiments with compelling artwork, video, and audio for our global platform. We’re looking for a Creative Producer Intern to join the team, to unite cross-functional teams developing the best assets for our members and workflows for our creators. This opportunity combines collaborating on creative strategy, project management, and large-scale team coordination in a fully autonomous environment. This role is an integral part of defining how films and TV shows are represented globally on our service and will provide broad learnings and mentorship in resourcing, scheduling, entertainment creative, and communication.
Qualified candidates are curious, intelligent, and empathetic. You’re a skilled communicator who both welcomes and can provide honest, candid feedback. The ideal candidate excels at building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships and must be passionate about innovation at the intersection of content and data, and using data to drive and define creative excellence. The Creative Producer Intern will report to the Creative Labs Creative Producer and Creative Labs Director.
Please include a link to your portfolio, reel, or selection of work within your resume or LinkedIn profile, if available.
Role and Responsibilities
● In addition to the responsibilities listed below, internships will include connective programs with other Product interns, mentorships both on and off the Creative Labs team, and access to Netflix programming, including EDU courses, I&D events, and ERGs.
● Support Creative Labs including the Creative Producer and Creative Strategists from concept to production for off-service testing, on-service testing, and strategy and analyses.
● Develop strong working knowledge of tools such as Monday.com, Adobe Creative Suite, AirTable, and Google Suite.
● Engage in conceptual brainstorm sessions with Creative Strategists and Creative Producers to become a creative partner in the team.
● Oversee tracking of content creation and timelines.
● Attend creative kickoffs for upcoming work.
● Assist with asset management and documentation both internally and externally as needed.
● Find opportunities to optimize the management of production workflow for vendors and contractors.
● Collaborate with the Creative Planning team to measure and track vendor/contractor performance within Creative Labs.
The Summer Internship
Our approach to internships is different: like Netflix itself, we offer a personalized experience for interns, and our aim is to offer an experience that mimics what it is like to actually work here. We match qualified interns with projects and groups based on interests and skill sets, and fully embed interns within those groups for the summer. Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about our culture.
Internships will be a minimum of 12 weeks, with timing flexible to candidate needs. We expect these internships to be remote. Conditions permitting, we will aim to bring the intern cohort together for an optional experience at some point during the summer.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- NYWIFT Talks: Asian American Representation in Media, 4/21 - April 16, 2021
- Last Chance to Submit Your Script, Austin Film Festival - April 16, 2021
- Join Oxford Film Festival This Weekend - April 16, 2021